- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 (16-ounce) tubs firm silken tofu
- 1 cup natural kosher low-fat barbecue sauce (or more, if needed)
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and julienned into “spaghetti”
- Juice from 3 medium lemons
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Cut the tofu into 1⁄2-inch thick strips and blot well between clean tea-towels or several layers of paper towels. Cut the slices into dice.
3. Stir together gently with the barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet or roasting pan and bake for 15 minutes, then stir and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool.
4. Place cucumber “spaghetti” in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix gently and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
5. Arrange cucumber “spaghetti” in the bottom of a salad plate and top with the tofu. Garnish with slaw and/or sesame seeds. Serve.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW