Pizza night is on and everyone gets to make their own. Lay out lots of your kids favorite veggies for toppings and encourage them to try something new, when it’s on pizza it might go over better and at the very least they will have some veggies to snack on while waiting for the pizza to cook.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 whole wheat pitas, split in half
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons evoo
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of dried oregano (optional)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups assorted vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.
Kale Ceaser Salad
- 1 bunch kale stems and tough ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay out pitas on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Set out the sauce, cheese and veggies on the counter. Bring each person over to prepare their own pizza however they like, but we recommend spreading about 2 tablespoons of sauce on the pita, topping with cheese and then lots of veggies.
- Place baking sheet full of pizzas into preheated oven and bake until cheese is nice and melty, about 10 minutes.
Kale Ceaser Salad
- Place kale in a large bowl.
- Squeeze over lemon juice and lightly massage the kale with your hands. Then add the Dijon, garlic, worcheshire, and olive oil. Continue to mix with your hands so that the kale is well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste and top with Parmesan.
- Serving Size: 2 pizzas with ceaser
- Calories: 400
- Carbohydrate Content: 61 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Sodium Content: 630 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g