Sloppy Joes are popular with every member of the family, young and old. It's made in one pan and served on your favorite buns.
Try serving it with Deviled Potato Salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce*
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 crusty rolls, split in half, toasted
1. Heat evoo in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers, sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add beef to pan and cook until beef is browned, stirring frequently to break up the meat, about 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place rolls on a serving platter and distribute Sloppy Joe mixture evenly among the rolls.
*Using Worcestershire sauce in a meat dish in a kosher kitchen can be tricky because it contains anchovies. Look for a kosher certification mark which is not accompanied by a “fish” notation. That sauce can be used in a meat dish.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW.