If you are looking for a wow factor at your holiday table, you have come to the right place. This entirely edible centerpiece will create magic on your Shavuot or holiday table. In addition to looking stunning, this is a centerpiece that will not go to waste, tastes great and is good for the environment.
The best part is the edible dirt! All ages will have fun eating it, learn to make your own savory edible dirt.
Related: Edible Flower Pot Salad
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cupsServings
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 3 cups pumpernickel bread, cubed
- ½ cup black olives
- ⅓ cup dark crackers
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pickled Vegetables, carrots & cauliflower are recommended
- Radishes with leaves intact
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cherry or grape tomatoes with stem on
- Carrots with leaves intact
Preheat oven to 300°F.
1. Spread raisins, almonds, cashews, bread, olives, crackers and pumpkin seeds on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
2. Place baked ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Add extra virgin olive oil and blend ingredients until they begin to resemble dirt. Spread dirt on a baking sheet and cool completely. Store in a covered container at room temperature for a week.
3. Place edible dirt in individual glass vases or mini wood planters. Fill with a combination of fresh and pickled vegetables to create a garden-like effect.
4. Serve with your favorite dips. Try Jamie's Green Tahini.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.