It's a good thing this effortless apple cake is so effortless, because it will be gone so fast you'll have to make it again!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups peeled and diced apples (I like to use 4½ to 5 cups)
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour (general purpose, not self rising)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a bowl, combine apples and sugar and mix thoroughly.
3. Add oil, nuts, raisins, eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the apple mixture.
5. Bake in a greased 13x9 inch pan for 1 hour but check after 45 minutes because depending on the type of apples you use it may be done sooner.
I like to use a combination of apple varieties in this cake, particularly Golden Delicious, Criterion, and McIntosh.