If you start with store bought shredded potatoes you can make this fun breakfast or brunch food in minutes.
Don't you just love how cute they are, so great all year round.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, completely thawed
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- Heavily grease a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl and add paprika, rosemary, evoo, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Divide potato mixture between muffin cups. Press mixture firmly in the cups to create a basket.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Crack 1 egg into each of the potato baskets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until eggs are firmly set. Loosen potato baskets by running a knife around the edge and gently pop out the baskets. Garnish with chives.