These fun appetizer Endive Boats are filled with a suprisingly delicious combination of oranges, almonds, mint, chives, and 3 types of rich cheeses. They are a great starter for Shavuot or any other dairy holiday meal.
- Prep Time
- 12 boatsServings
- 3 oranges
- 3 endive heads
- ¼ cup Tnuva Kashkaval Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Tnuva Cow’s Feta Cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup Tnuva Goat Cheese, cubed
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- Coarse black pepper
- Sea salt
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Peel the oranges and cut off the tops and bottoms. Gently cut off the whites and separate the segments. Chop into small pieces.
2. Gently separate the endives and arrange on a serving dish with the concaves facing upward.
3. To assemble, fill each endive with orange and cheeses. Sprinkle almonds, mint and chives. Season with pepper and salt. Drizzle olive oil and vinegar. Serve immediately.