- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (18oz/515g) pkg. dark chocolate cake mix 1
- 1 1/3 cups water 325 mL
- 1/2 cup canola oil 125 mL, 3 eggs 3
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso coffee 15 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 mL
- 1 (14oz/340g) bag caramels, papers removed 1
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk 125 mL
- 1 cup chopped pecans 250 mL
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 250 mL
- caramel sauce,chopped nuts,fresh fruit
1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) pan with canola oil.
2 In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, canola oil, eggs, espresso coffee powder and cinnamon. Beat at low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl continuously. Do not over mix. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
3 Heat caramels and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake in pan.
4 Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Then spread remaining batter over all. Bake 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven and cool for a least 30 minutes.
5 Serve turtle cake with ice cream, drizzle with caramel sauce, additional chopped nuts. Garnish with fresh fruit.