I can just hear you saying, 'mmm.... fennel, now that sounds interesting. ' Because that's what I said when I first tried it and what everybody says whenever I serve it! Fennel is crunchy and sweet, with a refreshing taste that blends so well in a salad with minted dressing.
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 8 - 10 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 Israeli cucumbers (or any small cucumbers), thinly sliced
- 3 green shallots (spring onions) chopped
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 heaped Tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the fennel, radishes, cucumbers and shallots in a salad bowl.
2. To make the dressing, shake the ingredients together in a mason jar. Pour over the salad, garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve.