Want to try a new relish this summer? This Fennel-Pepper Relish recipe is going to blow your mind. The licorice-like flavor of fennel has a significant wow-factor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bulb fennel, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium orange pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium heat.
2. Add remaining ingredients and cook until vegetables soften, about fifteen minutes.
Tip: Reserve fennel fronds, the dill-like greens that top most fennel, for garnish, or mix in while sautéing.
Note: Fennel’s licorice flavor diminishes when cooked.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2015. SUBSCRIBE NOW
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.