- 1 bulb fennel, cleaned, core removed, and finely diced
- 3 cup water, chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- Ground white pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine fennel, water, and salt and pepper to taste in a saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until there is only ¼ cup liquid remaining.
- Pour fennel mixture into a blender. While blender is running, slowly add oil and puree until a silk consistency. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Pour onto a large serving platter and set aside.