Quinoa is high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants—it is the perfect food to start your day.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large egg whites or ¼ cup egg substitute, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked fennel
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup whole-wheat panko or breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1. In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, egg, fennel, parsley, panko, and salt, and mix well.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-low heat.
3. Portion three ⅓-cup scoops into the pan and flatten with a spatula.
4. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes until bottom is nicely browned. Carefully flip (if you flip too early patties will be more likely to break) and cook the other side for 7 minutes more or until golden.
5. Remove from the pan to cool. Repeat the process with remaining oil and quinoa mixture.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
These patties freeze well. After they are cooked and cooled place them on a tray lined with baking paper, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze. Once frozen place the patties in a smaller container layered on top of each other.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.