Jamie Geller shares her recipe for Fig Walnut Cookies
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 baking sheets and line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix well.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream margarine and sugar for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well to combine. Add honey and vanilla and mix well. Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Add figs and walnuts and stir just until well mixed.
4. Place 12 heaping tablespoons on each baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Remove from oven and immediately press down cookie with the bottom of a glass to form a flatter cookie.
6. Let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet and then cool completely on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.