- 8 as an appetizer ServingsServings
- 2 pound sushi grade tuna
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup watermelon
- 1 cup oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cinnamon, cloves and ginger to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
1.Cut the tuna into 4 ounce pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Add the dried spices to a spice grinder and blend until the spices are combined. Sprinkle the tuna with salt and spice mixture and set aside.
3. To prepare the kale chips, remove the kale in a big piece off of the thick stem and wash and dry each piece. Sprinkle the kale leaf with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat the leaves.
4. Bake the leaves for about 30-40 minutes, until crispy like potato chips.
5. To prepare the Worcestershire vinaigrette, add watermelon, Worcestershire sauce, and spices into a blender on high speed and slowly drizzle in the oil until it becomes thick and emulsified. Add the honey and season with salt and pepper.
6. To assemble the fish and chips, first allow a sauté pan to get very hot. Add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan, and add the tuna. Sear on all four sides for 35 seconds each, until the tuna is golden.Remove the tuna from the pan and slice it into 7 or 8 slices. Place the tuna in a Lincoln Logs formation on the plate and pile chips next to the tuna. Drizzle dressing around the plate.