The chef from Herbert Samuel in Herzliya created these incredible fish fritters with a Mediterranean spin.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 300g (10 ounces) minced white fish
- ½ cup zucchini cubes, blanched
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, blanched
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 eggs, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Neutral oil, for frying
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Garnish: fresh oregano or dill
1. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In a large bowl gently mix minced fish, zucchini, cauliflower, green onion, 3 eggs, and salt.
2. Add flour and baking powder gently fold into mixture.
3. Heat oil to about 320℉/160°C. Beat the remaining 3 eggs with salt, pepper and a bit of water.
4. When oil is hot, scoop a spoonful of the fish mixture and coat with the seasoned egg. Remove from the egg and drop in oil, fry until golden on both sides. Remove from the oil and place on paper towel-lined baking sheet.
5. Season the chickpeas with lemon juice, olive oil and cumin to taste and pour over a serving plate.
6. Place the warm fritters on top of the chickpeas and garnish with fresh oregano or dill