Not sure what to do with chickpeas? How about a batch of delicious gluten-free, soy-free, vegan blondies!
If you need a nut -free version, you can make the recipe with tahini instead of peanut butter, or for a nut AND seed free option try this recipe and substitute coconut flour for the oat flour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas, equivalent to 1 (15 oz) can, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup nut butter (e.g. peanut butter, almond butter)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) + 2 tablespoons for topping
- Sea salt (optional, to taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda and baking powder in a food processor or blender and pulse until uniformly smooth. Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet.
3. Add the chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) and mix together.
4. Spread the batter into a rectangle roughly 1 cm thick.
5. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and sea salt if desired.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top has nicely browned.
7. Let cool 5-10 minutes and then cut into squares. If saving for later, let cool fully before storing, covered, in the fridge.