This recipe comes together super fast and really shines on a light on fresh vegetables. It’s a great side for fish or chicken, but it can easily be turned into a main when mixed up with freshly cooked spaghetti, a great way to cut the carbs in your pasta meal, but still satisfy your craving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil, sliced
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound zucchini noodles
- 1 cup Parmesan (optional)
- In the morning or at least 4 hours before dinner, in a large bowl mix cherry tomatoes with evoo, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, set aside at room temp until dinner time. If making your own zucchini noodles, prepare them and let them sit at room temperature on a clean kitchen towel to dry out.
- In a large deep sauté pan over medium high heat sauté zucchini in a bit of oil until hot. Add marinated tomatoes and toss well in pan for a few minutes until everything is hot and mixed. Turn off heat, add parmesan if using and mix again. Serve hot or at room temperature.