Deep fried panko crusted blintzes are your next go to party food. Crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
This recipe is for savory potato blintzes, but you can also make it with sweet cheese blintzes, just replace the Italian seasoning and garlic with cinnamon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 potato blintzes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita for frying
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Prepare a dredge station of three plates. Fill one plate with flour, one plate with eggs and one with panko mixed with Italian seasoning and crushed garlic.
- Dust potato blintz in flour. Dredge in egg and then in flavored bread crumbs.
- Heat ½-inch evoo in a standard frying pan on medium heat.
- Place coated blintz into frying pan and fry for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.