Something magical happens when olives are fried with a pinch of spicy red pepper flakes. The olives take on a deep, smoky flavor that is delicious on salads, potatoes, vegetables, meat, fish, and it especially pairs well as a garnish for our Shashuka.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 CupServings
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped coarsely
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Heat evoo in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add olives and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until olives begin to crisp up on edges.
2. Add crushed red pepper, stir, and continue to cook for 2 minutes more.
3. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in parsley.
4. The fried olive garnish can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 days before serving.