A special appetizer of fried mushrooms pre-sauted with wine and rice flour.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 pounds assorted mushrooms (such as white, crimini, portobello, shiitake)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 6 cups rice flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- Truffle oil, as needed
- Canola oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
1. Stem and cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a large bowl, add the water and wine, then slowly whisk in the rice flour until the batter is the consistency of a thick gravy.
3. Add the rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the mushrooms and toss until the mushrooms are lightly and evenly coated.
4. For each serving to order, fry 8 ounces of the mushrooms at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes, or until the batter is crisp. Use a metal spoon to keep them from clumping.
5. Drain the mushrooms on a paper towel, then drizzle very lightly with truffle oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.