This Giant Hamantaschen is so fun to make and is a huge Purim party hit. Find out how to make it!
It's much more than you think, we got fun tips and tricks and you watch how it's done right here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 GIANT HAMANTASCHENServings
- 2 sheets puff pastry, cut into 10" by 10" squares
- 6 bananas
- 2 tablespoons silan (date honey)
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs, plus one for egg wash
4 egg yolks (use the whites for meringues)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 squares from a chocolate bar
- Make sure the puff pastry is defrosted according the instructions on the package. Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Since this recipe is for two Giant Hamantaschen, trim two sheets of puff pastry into 10x10 inch squares. Place a bowl over each dough and cut into circles.
- Slice the peeled bananas across so they can be straightened into a line and place them on top of the puff pastry (see image below).
- Drizzle silan on top of each banana. Roll each banana in puff pastry towards the center to form a triangle.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the melted chocolate, eggs, egg yolks, butter, flour and sugar. Mix well until there are no clumps.
- Pour half of the mixture into each hamantaschen. Add a few squares of chocolate on top of the filling.
- Brush the dough with egg wash and bake for about 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, or still chocolatey and gooey, if you prefer more a soufflé consistency.