- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound green beans, ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread beans in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Toss to coat beans evenly with oil and salt and roast for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine tamari or soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
Remove beans from oven. Pour tamari-sesame mixture over beans and toss to coat evenly. Return beans to oven and roast for 10-12 additional minutes, until browned and starting to shrivel. Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with additional salt, black pepper and sesame seeds to taste.