Refreshing beverage for summer. Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8Servings
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Fresh berries, mint sprigs, or citrus slices for garnish
1. Combine 3 cups water with ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let infuse for 15 minutes.
2. Strain the ginger-infused water into a pitcher, pressing on the ginger solids to extract all the liquid.
3. Add honey (or maple syrup) and molasses; stir until dissolved.
4. Stir in lemon juice, vinegar and the remaining 6 cups water. Chill until very cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Stir the punch and serve in tall glasses over ice cubes. Garnish with berries, mint sprigs or lemon slices, if desired.
Can be made up to 2 days in advance.