A gluten free sugar cookie that holds together and tastes delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- approximately 24 ServingsServings
- 1 cup coconut oil (margarine or butter)
- 1½ cup sugar (I use organic evaporated cane juice)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rice flour (brown or white)
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar in the raw, if desired
- Chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, optional
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375℉.
1 In a medium bowl cream coconut oil and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together rice flour, tapioca, baking soda, baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. (Add chocolate chips or chopped walnuts if desired.) Roll into 1" diameter balls.
2 Place cookies on prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.