Fresh peaches really punch up this recipe!
This recipe has been entered in the JoyOfKosher's Go For the Gold's contest.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- cooking spray
- 4 piece skinless, boneless chicken breasts pounded flat
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gold's Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Oriental five-spice powder (optional) can be found in the spice section of larger superkmarkets
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce regular or low-sodium
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a shallow rimmed baking sheet with the cooking spray.
Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil, then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is lightly browned and no pink remains.
While chicken bakes, in a 1-quart saucepan, stir together the duck sauce, ginger, five-spice powder and soy sauce. Stir in peaches. Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce heat and continue to simmer 10 minutes or until peaches soften slightly. Cover and remove from heat; keep warm.
Plate chicken. Ladle sauce evenly over chicken, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice and your favorite veggie.