- 2 ServingsServings
- 1/2 lb. pasta – I like to use ridges pasta since the sauce sticks to it well
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb. veal medallions
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- Heat garlic in a little bit of olive oil a pan or dutch oven until it is fragrant, about a minute.
- Add veal and raise the heat. Brown the veal with the garlic, mixing often so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the tomatoes and spices. Let boil, lower the heat and simmer for two hours (or more!), until the meat is tender.
- Cook the pasta and take it out when it is still undercooked – it will cook more in the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and put it in the sauce. Raise the heat to medium and mix well, coating the pasta in the sauce.