This can also serve as a main course option and without the cheese, perfect for a vegan meal. If you love roasted eggplants and Greek salad, you will love this dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 small eggplants, sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups prepared Israeli-style couscous (plain or whole wheat)
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 red peppers
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup feta cheese (optional)
- ½ cup sliced black olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place eggplant, cut-side down on a parchment-lined baking tray.
3. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle some salt, and roast for thirty minutes, until eggplant is tender.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Combine couscous with cucumbers, peppers, and parsley.
6. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over couscous mixture.
7. Place couscous mixture atop each eggplant.
8. Top with black olives and/or feta cheese (optional).
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.