Greek salad in a meal is the best way to describe this nutritious, stunning, and full-flavored dish. Omit the feta cheese for a pareve or meat meal. A great salad for Shabbat lunch.
- Prep Time
- 4 main dishes and 8 appetizersServings
- 2 cups cooked black (or any colored) quinoa
- 1 (10-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper (from the jar or homemade), thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- Fresh oregano or microgreens, for garnish (optional)
1. Combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt, crushed red pepper, oregano, and dried mustard powder.
2. Pour over quinoa.
3. Spoon into serving dish.
4. Top with artichoke, red pepper, feta, and fresh oregano (if you would like).
5. Can be made in advance. Simply add the vegetables when ready to serve.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.