Creamy, tangy feta, salty olives, crisp lettuce, and crunchy croutons, all wrapped up in a light and spicy lemon oregano dressing… ah, the Greek Salad! Could be a meal, could also be a side – perfect for a Chanukah feast (we do have to remember the Greeks this time of year).
Greek salad is one of my faves on Chanukah and post-baby. I have a friend who gorges on Godiva after she has a baby – it’s her “Thank you, G-d, and I deserve a treat” snack. Mine is Greek Salad. When my friend Anita comes to visit and asks what she can bring, I always say – “Can you pick up a Greek Salad on the way?” So random, but hey, it’s true. This super-easy salad is perfect for your Chanukah party because you want something you can toss together quickly when you have a ton of latkes to fry.
Add croutons and skip the lettuce for this take on a Greek salad loaded with all your faves, make sure to use a great Feta.
- Prep Time
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cup homemade or store bought herbed seasoned croutons
- 1½ cup sliced English cucumber
- 1½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup Greek-style feta, crumbled
- ½ cup pitted Greek or black olives, halved
- 3 tablespoon capers, drained
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oregano and olive oil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine croutons, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta, olives and capers and mix well.
3. Toss with dressing and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let sit 20 minutes before serving.