- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 boneless beef steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups torn salad greens or sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
- Citrus-Soy marinade:1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and half of marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat.
2 Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
3 Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
4 Grill steak, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
5 Carve steaks. Combine beef, onion and cilantro in medium bowl. Add reserved marinade; toss. Arrange beef mixture over salad greens. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.