- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- Grilled Potatoes
- 2 Idaho Russet Potatoes, peeled, sliced into 12 pieces about 1/2 inch thick and then punch out with a round cookie cutter.
- 8 tiny Idaho red potatoes, left whole
- Dressing for Potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup Red wine vinegar or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 1 Tbsp Fresh thyme (picked)
- 4 cloves Crushed garlic
- Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 2 Vine ripe yellow tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 8 Miniature red pear tomatoes (cut in half)
- 8 Miniature yellow grape tomatoes (cut in hall)
- 1/4 pint Mixed red and yellow current tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Basil chiffonade
1 Grilled Potatoes:
2 Cook each kind of potato separately in salted water until tender, yet not falling apart. Drain and cool on parchment paper. Toss in olive oil and grill until warmed throughout. Dress.
3 Dressing for Potatoes:
4 Mix all ingredients together and allow steeping for about 1/4 hour before adding to the grilled potatoes. Arrange grilled dressed potatoes in the center of your plate and surround with the yellow tomato vinaigrette.
5 Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette:
6 Blend the yellow vine ripe tomatoes in a blender with the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt. Blend until smooth and strain through a fine sieve.
7 Place all the miniature tomatoes in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and basil, cover with the yellow tomato vinaigrette and gently mix adjust seasoning with more vinegar, salt and oil if needed- Spoon the vinaigrette around the warmed grilled potatoes.
8 Top each salad with 2 ounces of warmed goat cheese. Drizzle with basil oil and topped with a basil sprig.
9 1 clove fresh garlic
Source: Idaho Potato Commission