If you love orzo salad, you will love this recipe, especially with the added deliciousness of grilled vegetables.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pattypan squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2-inch thick
- 5 oz radicchio, quartered
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (1 pound) cooked orzo pasta, cooled to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sliced olives
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) Toasted sliced almonds
1 In a large mixing bowl, toss squash, zucchini and radicchio with 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2 Grill vegetables over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side until marked and tender. Transfer to a clean cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
3 When cooled, dice squash and zucchini into 1/4-inch pieces and shred raddichio into 1/4-inch strips (removing the core), then place into a large mixing bowl.
4 Toss in orzo and California Ripe Olives and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallots and thyme.
5 Pour into vegetable and pasta mixture and stir until evenly combined. Mix in basil, goat cheese and almonds just before serving.
Source: California Olive