Walnuts and goat cheese add protein to this super summer salad. The peaches and other fruit develop incredible flavor when grilled.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large ripe peaches, cut into ½-inch wedges
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches arugula
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat a grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Brush the peaches with olive oil and grill over high heat for 1 minute on each side. Set the peaches aside.
3. Make the dressing by whisking together the red wine vinegar and garlic powder, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until the dressing is combined.
4. Place arugula in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss the arugula with your hands until the dressing is combined with the leaves.
5. Top the arugula with the grilled peaches, crumbled goat cheese, and chopped walnuts.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2014. Subscribe Now.
Want stories like this delivered right to your inbox? Sign up now for our *free* JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.