- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 large whole wheat buns
- 2 golf ball sized balls of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced into halves horizontally
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 4th’s vertically
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried or 4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Optional : alfalfa sprouts, onions or your favorite vegetable
1 Combine cheese, oil, basil, chives and vinegar in a blender. Blend until smooth; set aside.
2 *Grill the mushrooms about 3 minutes per side or until tender. Grill peppers (do not peel) until tender, about 5 minutes per side.
3 Skin will be wrinkled and lightly brown. Slightly toast the buns on the grill and spread the mozzarella mixture evenly on the bottom of each bun. Cover with mushroom slice and red pepper. Serve immediately.
4 *Can also be done under a broiler.
Source: Wheat Foods Council