Grilled skirt steak pairs nicely with the creaminess from the avocado in this dressing. The salad is healthy, delicious and filling.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1-1/2 pounds beef skirt steak, cut into 4 to 6-inch pieces, Salt
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- Marinade:1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Dressing:1 medium ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 peeled clove garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
2 Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
3 Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
4 Meanwhile place dressing ingredients in blender container. Cover; process until smooth. Cover and set aside.
5 Carve steaks diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Top with tomatoes, onion, olives and steak slices.
6 Drizzle with half the dressing. Serve with remaining dressing, as desired.