- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)Marinade:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup prepared mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepperColorful Vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced 1/4- inch thick
- 2 cups sliced zucchini, 1/4-inch thick
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2 Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 16-18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning once.
3 Meanwhile prepare Colorful Vegetables. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat.
4 Add bell pepper strips; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms, zuchini, cumin, salt and black pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
5 Add tomato and green onion; cook and stir 1 minute.
6 Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with Colorful Vegetables.