- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. white distilled vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 piece (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1-1/2 c. California golden raisins
- 12 or 14 black peppercorns
- 1 piece (1-inch) julienne fresh gingerroot
- 6 boneless, skinless tuna fillets (6 ounces each)
1 In 1-quart nonreactive saucepan, bring sugar, water and vinegar to boil over medium-high heat.
2 Add red pepper, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and ginger. Reduce heat to low.
3 Cover and cook 5 minutes to blend flavors.
4 Add raisins and continue cooking on low 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
5 Remove from heat and set aside.
6 Grill or broil tuna fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side (145°F).
7 Transfer tuna to serving platter; spoon about 2 tablespoons chutney over each fillet.
8 Serve immediately.
Source: California Raisin Marketing Board