Homemade bread, more so challah, is the ultimate comfort food. Challah conjures up nostalgic emotions and memories, and holds much significance in Jewish culture, as it helps celebrate the holiest day of the week — Shabbos. The following twist on challah adds a gourmet and surprising element to the classic challah; a perfect addition to your Purim feast.
- Prep Time
- 1 Hamantashen ChallahServings
- Your Favorite Challah Recipe
Fillings of choice
- Sundried Tomato Dip
- Olive Dip
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Roll out desired size of dough into a rectangle. Using a sharp
knife, cut dough into a diamond shape.
3. Cut out a small triangle from the center of one of the halves of
4. Place filling directly opposite the triangle, on the other half of
5. Fold over to form a triangle/hamantashen shape, and seal
6. Brush with egg wash.
7. Bake until golden.