This sheet pan chicken can't be any easier or delicious. Harissa is a Moroccan chili pepper paste that can be found in gourmet or Middle Eastern markets. Use Jamie Geller Harissa mixed with water or oil to achieve a paste for this recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bulb fennel (trimmed and sliced thinly)
- 2 red peppers (sliced thinly)
- 1 large yellow onion (cut into thick slices)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (cut into eight pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Jamie Geller Harissa
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup chicken broth (boiling - or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place fennel, peppers and onions in 9x13 casserole. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon evoo, salt, and pepper and toss together..
- Coat chicken pieces with harissa and arrange in the pan among the vegetables. Place lemon slices on top of chicken and vegetables.
- Roast chicken and vegetables for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is roasting, prepare whole wheat couscous in a large deep serving platter, by covering with boiling broth and allowing to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and top with chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.