Do a little work the night before and the whole family will be thrilled with your efforts. Has lower fat than the standard version but just as delicious.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 12 slices whole grain bread, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
1. Spray 9- x 13-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk yogurt, milk, eggs and whites, cinnamon, vanilla, zest, juice, and salt.
3. Place bread in prepared pan and pour mix over bread. Scatter blueberries over the top. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and then wrap the pan in foil. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 minutes covered. Uncover and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until crispy on top.
5. Serve with warm maple syrup.