This one pot weeknight lasagna will change your world. Most people think of lasagna as a weekend luxury when there is time to cook and a desire for indulgence. This quick 1-pot version of lasagna can be made on a weeknight and only feels indulgent.
With extra veggies and only one pot you can eat lasagna any day of the week.
A 1 pound box of pasta serves 5 so save a portion to bring to lunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 (2 cup) portionsServings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cups chopped veggies of choice (broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, kale, carrots, mushrooms, etc)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach or ½ cup frozen (defrosted and drained)
- 1 (28-ounce) can no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 3 ½ cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb. whole wheat farfalle
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, separated
- 1 cup ricotta
- Garnish: fresh basil, parsley, thyme
- Heat a large saucepan with 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft. Add thyme, cauliflower and the salt and cook until soft. Add garlic and spinach, cook for 1 minute and then add tomatoes and water, then the pasta.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once the noodles are softened add in ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Top with additional Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and garnish and serve directly from pan.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 569
- Carbohydrate Content: 76.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 14.4 g
- Fiber Content: 4.4 g
- Protein Content: 31.6 g