These herbed baked eggs are an absolute favorite brunch food. So easy to make and so presentable. (And so delicious!)
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of freshly ground white pepper
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or chives
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Heavily grease small individual casserole dishes or ramekins (flatter is better) with half of the butter.
3. Sprinkle a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese in each dish, tilting the dish to coat the buttered sides with the parmesan.
4. Repeat with thyme.
5. Break one egg into each dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Dot with the remaining butter.
6. Bake for 12-18 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked the way you like them.
7. Top with the snipped chives or chervil and serve immediately.