- 8 ServingsServings
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small carrots -- peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced (4 oz.)
- 1 small yellow onion -- peeled and diced (5 oz.)
- 1 large celery rib -- finely chopped (3 oz.)
- 1 medium leek -- cleaned well and thinly sliced
- 10 ounce mushrooms -- crimini, sliced 1/4"
- 1 medium bell pepper -- red, yellow or orange, cored, seeded and diced small
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cup farfel
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1 /2 teaspoon thyme -- leaves
- 2 tablespoon chives -- finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon flat leaf parsley -- finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon oregano -- finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves -- crushed
- 1 large egg
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the carrots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the onions, celery, leek, salt and pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the bell pepper and mushrooms and cook another 8-10 minutes, until the
mushrooms are just cooked through.
Put the farfel into a large mixing bowl, then pour the vegetables over. Add the chicken stock, herbs and garlic and mix through. Set aside for 5-10 minutes, until the chicken stock has been absorbed. Add the egg and mix through.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish that's been sprayed or brushed with oil. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the edges have lightly browned.