The Herbert Samuel restaurant in the Ritz Carlton Herzliya is known for this tomato salad and now you can make it at home, just like the gourmet restaurant.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes in different colors, cut in half
- 4 green onions, cut into ¾" length
- 1 medium shallot, sliced into rings
- 4 Kalamata olives, pitted
- Fresh basil and oregano leaves, to taste
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced thin (optional)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 hardboiled egg
- Pinch za’atar
- 1 small tomato, cut to quarters
- Pinch brown sugar
1. Mix cherry tomatoes, green onion, shallot, olives, fresh leaves, and chili. Season with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Place on top of the grated tomato.
2. Crumble the hardboiled egg and spread over the salad. Sprinkle a little bit of za’atar on top.
3. Place the tomato quarters on a tray and sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar. Grill in preheated broiler until slightly caramelized. Place the grilled tomato on top of the salad and serve.