- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 bunches rapini (broccoli rabe), about 3 1/4 lb, rinsed, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced roasted red bell pepper, from one 12-oz jar
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1. Heat very large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; add rapini, garlic and salt. Toss well, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until rapini are tender, turning a few times while cooking.
2. Add roasted pepper and toasted almonds, toss and serve.
Cook's note: Sometimes rapini can taste a little bitter. If your rapini is on the bitter side, drizzle a tablespoon or so of balsamic vinegar on top of it.
Source: Canola Info