My mom didn't hit the stove too often while my sister and I were growing up, but fondue was her forte. She always wanted to make sure we ate enough fresh fruits and vegetables, and fondue was her way of luring us to a fruit salad. She would spend hours washing berries and cutting up all sorts of exotic fruits along with apples, pears and bananas.
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup liquid non-dairy creamer
- Fresh or dried fruit for dipping
- Treats for dipping (such as marshmallows, brownies, or soft cookies)
1. Sift cocoa through a fine mesh sieve.
2. In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar, margarine and non-dairy creamer, stirring continuously for 4 minutes or until heated through.
3. Pour cocoa mixture into a fondue pot or bowl for dipping.
4. Surround with selected dipping treats and serve with toothpicks.
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)