When I came up with this recipe for a Thanksgiving Kishke the first time, I was amazed at how easy it all came together. I was surprised that I had never thought of it before, and I was surprised how well the seasonal vegetables and turkey broth married with the traditional kishke. Learn to make this kishke and enjoy it any time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 logsServings
- 2 packages matzoh ball mix
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved (optional)
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet potato
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- 2 cups turkey stock
1. Make the matzoh ball mix, per instructions.
2. Peel and quarter the vegetables, then roast at 425 degrees for 45 minutes.
3. Combine all ingredients, except for the turkey stock, in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are combined.
4. Drizzle olive oil over some alumium foil, then spoon the kishke mixture into foil. Roll into a log. Cover with turkey stock.
5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour. Slice and serve.