Make your own kishke on Passover or any time, this recipe is gluten free. Use in cholent or stuff inside chicken or just bake it up and enjoy with gravy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 kishka loaves ServingsServings
- 1 large sweet potato (3/4 pound)
- 1 large carrot (1/4 pound)
- 1 medium onion (1/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 cups potato starch or tapioca starch
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking pan, and set aside.
In a food processor fitted with the knife blade, process potato, carrot, and onion until they are ground very finely, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as necessary. Pour the processed vegetables into a large bowl, and add oil and salt.
Add potato starch or tapioca starch, 1 cup at a time. Keep adding more starch and kneed as you go along, until you have a dough-like mixture that holds together.
Press the kishka into the greased pan, and even out the top with the back of a rubber spatula.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.