- Prep Time
- 6 servings ServingsServings
- 6 beets,:roasted
- 1/4 cup:honey
- 1-1/2 cups:orange juice
- Juice of 1:lemon
- 1/2 cup:olive oil
- 3 cups:cooked couscous
- 1 cup:shredded parmesan
- 1 cup:toasted walnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup:chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- 1/2 cup:chopped parsley
- 6 minced:green onions
- lettuce greens,:ready for eating as salad
- In a bowl combine the honey, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Dice the roasted beets and marinate them in orange and lemon juice and honey for at least one hour.
- In another bowl combine the olive oil, couscous, walnuts, basil, parsley and green onions.
- Mix to combine. Drain then add the beets to the couscous. Mix to combine and then add the cheese, mix to combine.
- Chill at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve on bed of salad greens.