There's nothing like a whole roast chicken. This one is glazed with honey and garnished with sesame seeds, but the same recipe can be made with pieces of chicken, quick and easy and everyone can get the piece they want. Sweet honey chicken.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 chicken, cut into eight pieces, about 3 pounds
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a food processor, combine wine, honey, oil, salt, and garlic. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat well.
- Place chicken on the prepared pan top with sauce. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
MAKE IT A MEAL: Serve with sautéed spinach for a healthful meal.
DRESS IT UP: Use this glaze on a beautiful whole bird, basting with the glaze every 20 minutes. Bake a 4- to 5-pound chicken at 400° F for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Serve the bird on an elegant platter with chopped radicchio or fresh spinach to
add color. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to garnish.